A glimpse at life as a college student in Boston.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

End of the Semester is Fast Approaching!

Okay so first things first, for everyone that voted, congrats!! There was such a huge voter turnout for the election this year and I am so amazed at how many people really took a stand on what they wanted. Without a doubt, this will definitely be a well needed change from our past 8 years we've had. So once again, great job, and thank you for everyone that actually did vote. It really makes me sad when people think their vote doesn't matter.
So, as for addressing the title of the blog.... has anyone else glanced at their calender recently and had to take a double look at what date it was? Because I have, without a doubt, I am baffled as to how fast this semester, and time in general has passed by. We are almost through with the first week of November people! Where did time go?!?! I was sitting in class yesterday looking at the syllabus and counting how many more classes I had until another exam when I realized, there were only 4 more weeks of classes and then finals!!! (i know i'm using a lot of exclamation points here but they are well needed and intentionally placed... this is legit people). I even realized i'm already 3 weeks into my second Clinical rotation of the semester (and there's only a total of 6), so that's a little crazy too. I guess time is flying by though because I am having so much fun on this rotation. I work with a group of such amazing people. They really make me feel so comfortable and let me step in all the time and take the lead with stuff. I'm learning so much it's unreal. I'm already really starting to pay a lot more attention to what I want out of a professional work environment for when I apply for jobs, and MGH is really representing a place that I would feel so comfortable and happy with. Keep your fingers crossed!
I registered for my last undergraduate classes ever on Tuesday, wierd. I registered for my Clinical III class, my last one ever, as well as Radiation Biology (that's gonna be a tough), Clinical Dosimetry, the Clinical Dosimetry Lab, and Senior Seminar. I'm looking forward to the Senior Seminar but it's going to be so overwhelming. It is pretty much a semester long course where our professors from over the past 2 years will come in, and do reviews of the main points in our classes we've had such as Radiation Biology and Cell Biology, so that when we go to sit for our ARRT Boards in the spring when we graduate, we can all pass haha. OOo speaking of which, big announcement.....
The Suffolk University Radiation Therapy Students from the Clinical Track (me, Michelle, Kim, Nicole, Al, and Ryan) will all be attending a conference in late april/early may in Chicago! The conference sponsors a Radiation Therapy student Superbowl, where two students from each school, and a back up competitor, will go and compete in a question-based competition on who wins the national title. Click here to check it out if you'd like... Student Bowl. So part of this main announcement is that my fellow therapy students and I will be organizing holiday gift baskets and/or a Holiday Raffle.
This will help sponsor our trip and cover the costs that the school cannot cover, therefore, allowing all 6 of us to go together, and attend the conference as well where it helps prepare Radiation Therapy students with different seminars as well. So, stay tuned and please help out!!! If we win, and by if I mean when, then Suffolk can gain national bragging rights!!! yay!!!!! If you have any ideas for raffles or gift baskets you'd like to see, left it in the comments section of the post, and there's a good chance you can see it happen! I'll keep you updated on any ideas we get.

We got our MooCards in at the office today. They are these fun little business cards that are about half the height of a regular business card but same width. One side has a picture of whatever you selected and the other has our information on it from name, position (Trustee Ambassador), email and website address. Fun fun!! Mine is this really pretty picture I got offline of Marblehead harbor at sunset. It had these gorgeous colors on it but I had to crop it so that it would fit on the card, so this is what it looks like post-cropping.
It's very cute and kinda cool that they are mini. If you're lucky, and you come on one of my tours or to Open House on Saturday November 15th, you can get one. :) Hehehe.

No comments: