So school is getting further along into the semester now. I had my first quiz today. I think I did pretty well. My dosimetry and radiation biology classes are making very large dents in the notebooks I bought. Each class I end up taking about 6-8 pages of notes. And if you figure i'm 3 weeks into the semester, have had 2 classes each week.. that's a lot of notes so far! I just hope when it comes time to take a test I can decipher what what i've actually written.
I started my Nursing Rotation yesterday. This one will only last one week. I did a morning rotation with the nurse Jayne that covers the patients who are under treatment regarding Thoracic area cancers ( lung, esophagus, etc.). I was able to go into the exam rooms with her and then when the Doctor went in with his/her residents as well. I did the same concept in the afternoon, visiting patients in the exam rooms, but the afternoon I was seeing all patients with Head and Neck Cancers. The concept behind this rotation that i'm doing is that I can be able to see the patients interact with the nurses/doctors and tell them what type of pain/discomfort/side effects they are having as a result of their treatment or illness. Then I can see how it is addressed and what they are told to do or what they are given, so that way I can help the patients when I see them on a day to day basis. It is definitely a significant learning experience for us.
We talked a little bit more about our Group Trip to Chicago in class today. Our reservations to our hotel have changed but it still looks pretty nice and it is really close (within walking distance) to where the conference/competition is. We got these Radiation Therapy Workbooks in class, and they are really overwhelming, but pretty awesome too. They are broken down into sections, pretty much how our ARRT Boards Exam will be, and not only are there tons and tons of practice questions, but in the back, there are the answers, with each of them explained out for you. So this way you can know why the answer you didn't put in the correct one instead of what you wrote down. Always helpful :)
Well kids, I've run out of things to say for now, i'm sure if I think of any i'll come back and keep you posted. Sorry for the boring update but I figured i'd at least give you somethin'.
OH! Also before I forget, please take some time to visit www.postsecret.com, I love that webpage. It is updated every Sunday and it is truley awesome. Frank has done a wonderful thing by not allowing advertisements on his webpage. However, due to the economy, he is really struggling to keep that effort alive. So, visit the website, buy a book for a friend or yourself. I have one, and I love it Check it out. www.postsecret.com
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment