A glimpse at life as a college student in Boston.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Getting back into Gear

Yay for long weekends!! It was really nice to have a long weekend. I did however, have to devote a large chunk of yesterday to study for my Dosimetry midterm next week which is really scary because it is a huge part of my grade and also, well, it's a midterm, I cannot believe that I am almost halfway through the semester. What is going on around here?!! Where is the time going??? It is incredibly scary. And the weirdest part is when I went online on my student account and had to Apply for Graduation in May. I also had to hand in my resume and cover letter to Gina, my advisor and she is looking over them for me and the other clinical students. I will be getting it back and before I know it, I am going to be handing it on over to a few hospitals in the area in dire hopes that they will want me to work for them. I'm anxious to see what my options out there are going to be, but in a weird way, i'm not too worried. This program has gone to great lengths to prepare us for both the boards exam and real life work environment. It's just really weird to think that this summer, will not be a "summer vacation" from school, and that instead I will be working, and not returning back to school in the fall. It will however, be nice to get paid.

So I have a few events coming up on my personal agenda i'm pretty excited about. This Saturday i'm going down to Hartford, CT with Matt (boyfriend), to go watch UCONN basketball play against South Florida at the Hartford Civic Center. I've never been so that should be interesting. I saw UCONN play a few weeks ago down at the UCONN campus, they're pretty good. Fun team to watch. Matt of course being a UCONN Alumn, is just a tad more into it than I am. It's definitely cool to see how different schools are especially when it comes to supporting their sports teams. UCONN is definately up there in competative college sports teams. We all know that Suffolk Men's Basketball is better though right? ;)

Something else that's popping up on my calender in the near future is Senior Portraits. They're optional, but you can sign up to do a sitting at the school and a professional photography company comes and takes the photos of you. They have you dress in a cap and gown and take a few shots and you can later go online and see the photoproofs and pick ones that you want to print if you want them. I figured it would be a nice gift to my parents who have been putting up with me for so long hehehe. It will be very surreal to be dressed in the cap and gown, knowing that the day that I really am wearing it to walk up on stage to get my diploma is not too far now. I have a countdown posted, how many days until graduation. 89 Days remaining kids!!!! Soooo wierdddd. Also, that is until graduation, its only 10 weeks left of classes. (9 if you subtract the spring break week). Ahhh!!!


Well that's all i've got for small updates right now. Just a little heads up before I sign off, PLEASE please please wash your hands a lot the next couple weeks. There are two very nasty bugs going around one being the norovirus (nausea/vomiting, all that fun stuff....) and the second is a form of strep throat that can bring on rheumatic fever (a VERY bad thing). So wash your hands a lot, and if you think you are sick, please don't hesitate to see the doctor so you can get antibiotics and/or proper care ASAP. Sorry, that is the neurotic caretaker in me, but listen to what I said! Thanks!!

No comments: