A glimpse at life as a college student in Boston.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008


Sorry for the lull in posting, I have been down for the count with some sort of cold/virus. Not fun. Purell like it's your job people, beacuse whatever is going around is nasty. I'm back at school now and semi-functioning, trying to fight off sinus pressure like it's my job.

I can't believe that i'm already this far into the semester. Next week I have two midterms. Seriously, they crept up on me out of nowhere. It's pretty cool how fast things are going by, but at the same time, I hope it doesn't mean there is an overload in studying. There's a long weekend this weekend so I think i'm going to take advantage of that and in between layin around I guess I'll pack some studying in there too. I have my Clinical II midterm on Tuesday and my Oncology/Pathology midterm on Thursday. At least I have a nice break between the two. The Oncology/Pathology one i'm nervous about because my only two grades in that class are going to be my midterm and my final exams.

I'm excited because i'm starting my new clinical rotation next week! That's how I really know it's the middle of the semester for me. My first clinical rotation was on the CT treatment simulation machine at Brigham and Women's and now my second one is going to be over on the Breast treatment machine at Mass General. They slot for two rotation's in a semester, equal time at each rotation. I'm excited for the Mass Gen. rotation because I love being over there. Everyone is so nice and friendly. They are so great at taking the time to teach me the different techniques too. Also the machine i'm going over to is going to have one of my mentors/on site adviser's working on there and she's excellent. So I know i'm going to have a great time working with her and the team. I'll keep you guys all updated on that. For those of you who don't really get what I do, I work with a machine called a Linear Accelerator that generates a form of radiation that is used to treat cancer patients. This is what one of the machines look like... this is pretty much what a treatment room looks like. I wish I could give you a picture of the actual room I work in, but, gosh darn HIPAA. I'm not allowed to take pictures. Oh well. You get a pretty good idea right?

Well I gotta run to class now down at MGH so I'll catch ya lata!

No comments: